Vanilla Bar & Cafe @ Telok Ayer, Singapore

Friday, January 03, 2014

Cafe hunt leads to a stretch of shop houses at Boon Tat Street and found Vanilla Bar & Cafe.
A short 10mins walk from Tanjong Pagar MRT station. Look out for exit to Telok Ayer and you'll find Vanilla Bar & Cafe at the end of Amoy street.

A cafe with lovely interior and they serve Japanese fusion food and all day breakfast too!  I came to try out their "flower pot" dessert. I find that the price is a tad steep for such simple desserts and comparing to other cafes in Singapore.


Molten Chocolate Cake with French Vanilla Ice Cream - $11.50

I'm a fan of Lava Cakes but this disappoints me a little as it isn't lava (flowing warm chocolate liquid inside) at all. Feel cheated for the price I paid but this is what I got...nevertheless the sponge cake is alrights.

Vanilla signature dessert, Vanilla Dirt Cake - $9.50
I called this the "flower pot" dessert haa. As their signature dish, I expect better taste.
But thumbs up to the creative idea of serving the dessert and unique taste, worth a try :)

What's inside:
Worms - gummies
Soil - Oreo cookie crumbs
Underneath the soil - frozen vanilla ice cream





***
Telok Ayer Shop Houses, 
3 Boon Tat St,
#01-01,
Singapore 069612
Tel: +65 6423 0366

Operating hours:
Mon - Thu: 10:30 - 23:00
Fri: 11:00 - 00:00
Sat: 11:00 - 21:00
Closed on Sundays & PH
***

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram